humans + machines = ?
I want to make machine learning systems more robust and reliable. I am particularly interested in how interaction with humans can help ensure that a system has learned the correct objective or behavior.
I am currently a research intern at OpenAI. I will be starting my PhD in the fall at UC Berkeley, where I also did my undergrad. I am a part of the Center for Human-Compatible AI and the Berkeley Artificial Intelligence Research Lab.
I spend a lot of time introspecting on my own styles of thinking and productivity. Here is some collected research advice. Outside of research I enjoy talking to strangers, reading both nonfiction and fiction, and recently improv.
If you want to talk, feel free to shoot me an email at smitha dot milli at gmail dot com.
people providing me validation
- NSF GRFP Recipient
- Berkeley EECS Excellence Award
- CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award.
- Spring 2017. Teaching Assistant. CS 188: Artificial Intelligence
- Fall 2016. Teaching Assistant. CS 189/289: Machine Learning
- Spring 2016. Teaching Assistant. CS 70: Discrete Math & Probability
- Fall 2015. Co-taught the decal (student-run class) CS 98: Practical Programming.
Reliable Machine Learning in the Wild. ICML 2017. website