humans + machines = ?
I want to make machine learning systems more robust and reliable. I am interested in how interaction with humans can help ensure that a system has learned the correct objective or behavior.
I am a 1st-year PhD student at Berkeley advised by Anca Dragan and Moritz Hardt. In Summer 2017 I was a research intern at OpenAI. I am a part of the Berkeley Artificial Intelligence Research Lab and the Center for Human-Compatible AI .
I introspect a lot on my own styles of thinking and productivity. Here is some collected research advice. Outside of research I enjoy talking to strangers, reading both nonfiction and fiction, and recently improv.
If you want to chat, shoot me an email at smitha dot milli at gmail dot com.
people providing me validation
- NSF GRFP Recipient
- Berkeley EECS Excellence Award
- CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award.
- Spring 2017. Teaching Assistant. CS 188: Artificial Intelligence
- Fall 2016. Teaching Assistant. CS 189/289: Machine Learning
- Spring 2016. Teaching Assistant. CS 70: Discrete Math & Probability
- Fall 2015. Co-taught the decal (student-run class) CS 98: Practical Programming.
Reliable Machine Learning in the Wild. ICML 2017. website