The Scientific Method (2017)
I am a 3rd year EECS PhD student at UC Berkeley advised by Anca Dragan and Moritz Hardt. You can view my papers here. My research is focused on building more value-aligned ML systems, even in the face of human “irrationalities”, interaction, and adaptation. In my free time, I like to do improv, read, go dancing, and see plays. I am also the PR Coordinator for Reyes Dance.
people providing me validation
- Open Philanthropy AI Fellowship
- NSF GRFP Recipient
- Berkeley EECS Excellence Award
- CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award.
- My parents
- Spring 2017. Teaching Assistant. CS 188: Artificial Intelligence
- Fall 2016. Teaching Assistant. CS 189/289: Machine Learning
- Spring 2016. Teaching Assistant. CS 70: Discrete Math & Probability
- Fall 2015. Co-taught the decal (student-run class) CS 98: Practical Programming.
Reliable Machine Learning in the Wild. ICML 2017. website